March 20, 2019  
   You are here:  Home    
Acadia National Park fee increases modified
Acadia National Park fee increases modified
The Department of Interior is increasing fees at Acadia National Park, but after overwhelming public comment against earlier drastic increases, DOI today announced more modest increases.

As of June 1, 2018, the per vehicle fee will go from $25 to $30; the per person fee will increase from $12 to $15, the per motorcycle fee will jump from $20 to $25, and the park annual pass will go up from $50 to $55. The price of the annual America the Beautiful National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Annual Pass and Lifetime Senior Pass will remain $80.

Revenue from entrance fees remains in the National Park Service to help ensure a quality visitor experience. In Acadia National Park, 80 percent of entrance fees stay in the park; the other 20 percent of entry fee income is shared with other national parks.

Acadia is one of 117 units in the National Park System that charges an entrance fee. The remaining 300 sites are free to enter.

Posted on Thursday, April 12, 2018 (Archive on Thursday, May 3, 2018)
Posted by Jym St. Pierre   Contributed by Jym St. Pierre

Copyright © 2009-2019 Maine Environmental News
Terms Of Use Privacy Statement
Home|About|Links|Submit Content|Search|Contact